EDS is by Far the Most Comprehensive Discovery Service for Historical Research
While some discovery services provide broad coverage across a variety of subject areas, EDS is designed to provide a broad and deep approach to discovery. This means that we go to great lengths to not only provide comprehensive coverage of each subject area (e.g., History), but the highly refined and robust indexing needed to offer an appropriate resource for academic subject-specific research.
Important History Resources Available through EDS via Inclusion of Subject Indexes
- Accessible Archives
- Alexander Street Press
- America: History and Life
- American Antiquarian Society Historical Periodicals Collection
- Arts & Humanities Citation Index
- Arte Público Hispanic Historical Collection
- ATLA Historical Monographs Collection
- ATLA Historical Serials Collection
- Historical Abstracts
- Journal Publishers
- Metadata can be included in EDS via the Inclusion of Subject Indexes (not available in other discovery services—requires subscription via EBSCOhost)
In addition to the depth & breadth of History coverage in EDS, Inclusion of Subject Indexes leverages the controlled vocabularies associated with important indexes to which an institution subscribes via EBSCOhost.